RADON AWARE GROUP LTD Formed in 2006, Radon Aware Group is an independent radon and barrier testing service and registered with the Environmental Protection Agency in Ireland. Operating on a nationwide basis and with offices in Meath and Clare, our Laboratory/Testing facility strives to meet the highest standards to ensure the best quality results.
Our test has been developed in conjunction with a standard written by
Dublin Institute of Technology
And follows best practice guidelines which are implemented at each stage of the inspection process.
This Standard is unique and currently in operation and the only one available on the Irish market today for integrity testing using pressurised smoke to check for leakage in the radon barrier.
Many new homes have high Radon levels. Always remember that leakage in a Radon barrier is the number one reason for entry of high radon levels which in turn can contribute to lung cancer. It can also lead to significant costs for homeowners if not carefully installed and managed correctly on-site during construction.
What is Radon Gas?
- Radon is a radioactive gas which is naturally produced in the ground from the uranium present in small quantities in all rocks and soils
- You cannot smell, see or taste Radon.
- Radon can only be measured with radon detectors.
- Radon is a group One carcinogen as is cigarette smoke.
- Radon is a colourless, odourless, tasteless radioactive gas.
- Radon accounts for over 60% of the total radiation dose received.
- Radon can cause lung cancer.
- Radon is present in all buildings.
Radon Aware Group
7 Meadow Court,